BEFORE YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT...
I'm excited to meet you and to help you start feeling better! Here's some helpful and important info!
FORMS AND HISTORY
- Once your appointment has been confirmed, medical history and consent forms will be emailed to you. My practice is paper free, HIPPA compliant, encrypted, and password protected in the Unified Practice data cloud to provide the ultimate in protection for your private information. Everything can by conveniently filled out from a desk top, latop, or ipad (forms are not optimized for phones). make sure you e-sign and press save and send at the end!
- The body is a connected system, so all of your history, social behaviors, and symptoms, are important, even if they don't seem relevant to your current complaint. When a particular section doesn't apply to you, simply skip it and press continue.
- Please bring any imaging studies, reports from other doctors, and a list of current medications.
- Eat something nourishing about two hours before your treatment. A great choice is a complex carb with some protein and fat. For example: a hard boiled egg and whole grain pretzels or almond butter and brown rice crackers.
BUT DON'T EAT THESE
- Please keep in mind that street drugs, caffeine, certain medications, and nicotine can interfere with the effects of acupuncture. If at all possible, refrain from taking any of these substances the day of treatment, but DO continue to take any daily prescribed medication.
- Wear loose clothing that can be easily pushed up on the legs, arms, and abdomen, or I can provide you with a practical, if not entirely stylish, gown. If you are planning on having cupping, gua sha, or moxibustion, or if the day is cold or breezy, please bring a scarf and warm sweater to wear afterwards.
- The clinic is located through the wooden gate. You'll see the wooden barn. The entrance to Acupunktrix is the second door, past the pool, across from the red table and chairs.
- Please be prompt! If you are more than 15 minutes late, your session will either be cancelled or cut short to accomodate for the next patient, and you will be charged a late fee.
- Cancellation or reschedule is welcome 24 hours or more prior to your appointment. Same day cancellations (1st time) are charged a 50% fee. If you reschedule for the same week, the fee is reduced by $10. The second and subsequent cancellations within 24 hours are charged at full rate. No shows/no calls owe the full rate. Of course, emergencies do happen, and I do my best to be flexible and understanding when they do!
- From time to time, I attend births as a doula or sometimes have to attend last minute IVF appointments for patients. If a mama goes into labor, I may have to cancel your appointment. If this occurs, you will receive a $ 20 discount on your rescheduled treatment.
- If you've got questions, I've got answers (probably). Shoot me an email, use the form on the contact page, or ask away during our first visit. Questions are always welcome!